- This event has passed.
Adult Evening Book Club
Thursday, September 17 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
One event on Thursday, October 15, 2020 at 7:00 pm
One event on Thursday, November 19, 2020 at 7:00 pm
One event on Thursday, December 17, 2020 at 7:00 pm
One event on Thursday, January 21, 2021 at 7:00 pm
One event on Thursday, February 18, 2021 at 7:00 pm
One event on Thursday, March 18, 2021 at 7:00 pm
One event on Thursday, April 15, 2021 at 7:00 pm
One event on Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 7:00 pm
Monthly, usually on the 3rd Thursdays, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. on Zoom or 3rd Floor Rotunda Conference Room. No fee. See below for the scheduled meeting dates and books being read.
New members are always welcome, and no reservation is required. Most book club selections are available in libraries or through online booksellers used or in paperback.
- September 17, 2020: Racing Against History – with author Rick Richman attending and facilitated by Arnie Gass.
- October 15, 2020: Perfidy by Ben Hecht- facilitated by Catherine Hand. Register for the Zoom credentials: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYsdeyvrzosGNXpSPl2LTDIVS95zM2qNnXR
- November 19, 2020: Peony by Pearl S. Buck- facilitated by Eleanor Lazarow
- December 17, 2020: Becoming Ottoman: Sephardi Jews and Imperial Citizenship in the Modern Era by Julia Phillips Cohen- facilitated by Leslie Mark and Ken Gross
- January 21, 2021: The Influence of Soros: Politics, Power, and the Struggle for Open Society by Emily Tamkin facilitated by Edith Kodmur
- February 18, 2021: The Liar by Ayelet Gundar-Goshen – facilitated by Vivian Rich
- March 18, 2021: The Essential Zohar by Rav E.S. Berg- facilitated by John Urey
- April 15, 2021: Exodus by Leon Uris – facilitated by Linda Bergelson and Allan Douglas with personal stories by Catherine Hand
- May 27, 2021: The Green Beach – by Catherine Hand facilitated by Arnie Gass