Camp Beth Israel includes two great camps: Camp Chaverim for preschoolers and B’nei Mitzvah Bootcamp, a great program for any students preparing for their B’nei Mitzvot.
For ages two years old through entering kindergarten
Camp Chaverim is an exciting, adventure-filled summer camp experience providing a high level of safety. All staff are qualified early childhood educators and are seasoned counselors. We provide a warm and nurturing atmosphere designed to enhance each child’s independence, self-confidence and social development. Each Friday we will join together for our special Shabbat.
Campers have an array of fabulous activities every week:
· Lots of singing and ruach (spirit) · Outdoor play · Water play · Nature · Sports
· Specialties &/or specialists · Cooking · Arts & crafts · Judaics · Science · Snacks
Camp Chaverim 2023 runs from June 12th until August 25th, 2023.
- We offer flexible 3 and 5 day a week schedules. Campers can attend from 9am to 1pm, 8am to 4pm, or 7:30am to 5pm. Please reach out to email@example.com for 2 or 4 day pricing.
- Weekly enrollment is available (minimum 2 consecutive weeks).
- Camp Chaverim is for children ages 2 through 6. It is required that all incoming 2-year-old campers are enrolled in the Bill and Sid Rubin Preschool for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Please submit a separate application for each child you would like to sign up for camp.
- Priority for enrollment will be in the following order:
1) Returning students and siblings. Priority registration ends on 3/15/23.
2) Current members and those who plan to become members of Beth Israel.
3) New enrolling, and non-member families
- A $500 deposit is due per child with the application for summer camp. This deposit will go towards the total tuition due.
- If we are unable to offer you child a spot in the program this deposit will be refunded.
- Camp tuition will be broken up into two payments: June 1st and July 1st.
A $100 administrative fee will be charged for all campers who are new to Beth Israel.
- A $25 administration fee will be charged for each program change requested by parents.
For more information, contact the Preschool office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 858-900-2530. If you are interested in learning more information about our amazing programs (including our infant/toddler center) please fill out this inquiry form.
B’Nei Mitzvah Boot Camp
”My B’nei Mitzvah is next year and I am so nervous!!” Don’t be. We’ll take care of you. This camp will give students a jump start on the B’nei Mitzvah training and a chance to bond with their classmates. This will be a fun meaningful week that will help to replace B’nei Mitzvah jitters with confidence and accomplishment.
Bootcamp Session 1 will take place from July 31-August 5
Bootcamp Session 2 will take place from August 5-August 11
There is no camp on Sunday, August 6
Monday through Thursday 9:00am-4:00pm
*Saturday’s afternoon program is still being finalized so timing will be updated once plans are confirmed
Monday through Thursday, campers will stay onsite for morning programming led by clergy and Boot Camp Staff. Following (bring your own) lunch, they will then go off campus on a private bus to do community service projects with local non-profit organizations.
Boot campers from each session will attend and participate in Kabbalat Shabbat services on the Friday night of their session. Dinner for campers will be provided before the service. Families are encouraged to join their camper for the service, summer worship schedule TBA.
On Saturday August 5, campers from sessions 1 AND 2 will share special Shabbat programming together. Programming will include attending the Shabbat morning service together from 10-11:30am (parents included), a Family Education lunch-and-learn session from 11:30am-1pm (parents included), followed by fun activities around San Diego from 1-5pm (campers only).
All current health guidelines required by Beth Israel will be expected of every camper.
Please contact Jessica Kretzer at email@example.com for more information about this summer’s B’nei Mitzvah Boot Camp experience!