Coming together to discuss and share our lives, careers, values, and spiritual journeys with all Beth Israel members who identify as female. We enrich our community through outreach, working with other groups in our Beth Israel community, providing tzedakah and volunteering in the greater community.
To fulfill our mission, we seek to do the following:
- Exploring issues relevant to women today by celebrating our Judaism through Rosh Chodesh and other events
- Working with other groups in our Beth Israel community to support projects relevant to youth (camperships, b’nai mitzvah gifts) and to assist other programming efforts (networking, scholarships, Caring Community and tzedakah)
- Helping to enhance the atmosphere and enjoyment of Beth Israel activities (providing flowers for Oneg Shabbat, ushering at services)
- Volunteering in the greater community by supporting Rachel’s Women’s Center with dinners and collection of donated items
The Women of Beth Israel (WBI) and our entire congregation have many blessings that we count every day. In reflecting on the past year, we ask you to pause for a minute and think about all that we are thankful for in our daily lives. WBI strives to enrich the lives of all Beth Israel members by providing social and spiritual enrichment to our community, financial support to our Religious School and much more. Here are a few of the many wonderful ways that WBI assists our congregation:
• Supports our youth with scholarships, camperships and B’nei Mitzvah gifts.
• Aids our Caring Community projects and tzedakah efforts.
• Hosts Rosh Chodesh events for all women of our congregation.
• Enhances synagogue hospitality by ushering at Shabbat services and providing flowers for Onegs.
• Volunteers in the greater community at Rachel’s Women’s Center by bringing dinners and collecting items for donation.
As you reflect on your blessings, we ask you to provide financial support which will help us continue our Beth Israel community outreach. Contributors’ names will be gratefully acknowledged in the Beth Israel quarterly.click here for information and to donate click here for the flyer and donate
Rachel’s Women’s Center
Since the 1990’s, Women of Beth Israel (WBI) proudly supports Rachel’s Women Center organization, by bringing meals, collecting toiletries, clothes and other useful items. Please click below to sign up to volunteer. New volunteers are welcome, including children over 12 and male family members. No serving at this time. For more information, contact WBI at firstname.lastname@example.org.SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER HERE