- This event has passed.
TRIBE Virtual Hamentaschen Bake
Monday, February 22, 2021 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pmFree
Let’s come together virtually for a fun and interactive Zoom and make hamentaschen as a community! This is a TRIBE event; TRIBE is for adults in their 20’s-40’s who Jew together.
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix
- 2 cups of canned pie filling, any flavor
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and flour. Stir in the eggs, oil and water to form a stiff dough. After the dough comes together, chill the dough for 10 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut into 3 inch round circles and place 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets. Chill cookie sheet with circles for 10 minutes.
- Place a teaspoon of filling into the center of each cookie and pinch the sides to form three corners. Moisten with water if necessary. After they are formed, chill in fridge for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned. Allow cookies to cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheets before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
There is no fee, but please RSVP for planning purposes. This event is held virtually on Zoom. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the event. For more information, contact Program Director Ilene Tatro at email@example.com.