- This event has passed.
Cooking with Caring Community with Jojo DiLeo
Sunday, September 11, 2022 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Join us for another wonderful evening of Cooking with Caring Community. This month our Hostess is Jojo DiLeo. Jojo has made Caring Community her Bat Mitzvah project! Jojo will be demonstrating her favorite Mac ‘N Cheese dish – a family favorite on, September 11 at 4:00 pm.
This event takes places on Zoom.
Ingredients & Instructions:
– A box of elbow pasta
– A 2 cup (16 oz) of cheddar jack cheese
– One cup of milk
– A cubed onion
– Spices you have on hand, such as garlic, cayenne, paprika, or turmeric
– Tablespoon of breadcrumbs
Preheat the oven to 350F
1) Grease your container with butter
2) Boil the pasta until cooked, and transfer to a large bowl
3) Add a little butter and onion, and mix until melted.
4) Gradually add half of the cheese and milk, stirring until combined before adding more.
5) Add spices and mix
6) Move mixture to the pot, and on a medium high heat and stir until cheese is stringy. Remove from heat.
7) Using the other half of the cheese, layer the pasta mixture and cheese in the container.
8) When all the pasta is in the container, add a final cheese layer, then top with breadcrumbs
9) Bake for 25-35 minutes until the cheese on top is crispy.